Eco Options Make Cents for Your Flooring
Winnipeg commercial facilities and offices can benefit from Studio Flooring offering complimentary design services that include eco-friendly flooring options. Manitoba businesses and consumers alike are becoming more environmentally conscious, and are consequently moving towards purchasing eco-friendly products. So in addition to supporting the environment, Winnipeg businessess can become more marketable and gain a competitive edge.
An eco-friendly product is harvested, manufactured, and disposed of in a manner which displays care for the natural world and its inhabitants. Eco-friendly products are non-toxic and sustainably grown without harmful pesticides or herbicides, or are made from recycled materials.
Commercial and Residential Flooring Applications
If sustainability is important to you, there are choices for large commercial facilities or office complexes. Let’s take a look at the most popular flooring options available:
- Hardwood Flooring is sustainably harvested and can last for decades because of its durability. Hardwood is a good option for customer facing areas of commercial operations. It adds warmth to a room that could otherwise feel impersonal or industrial.
- Cork is harvested from the bark of cork oak trees. These trees are not cut down, but rather stripped of their bark, which regenerates every three years. This substance has anti-microbial properties that can reduce allergens in the workplace. It is fire-retardant and a natural insect repellant. Cork flooring will last from ten to thirty years depending on the quality and commercial applications.
- Linoleum comes from a mixture of linseed oil, cork dust, tree resins, wood flour, pigments, and ground limestone. It fell out of favor in the 1940’s when synthetic vinyl was introduced. Since its reintroduction, eco-friendly linoleum comes in a wide variety of colors and design options. It is also very durable and able to withstand the heavy traffic of a demanding commercial environment.
- Wool is great for the hospitality industry or corporate settings. This surface offers an attractive professional image. Wool is durable and able to withstand the heavy foot traffic of any commercial environment. Long-term maintenance costs are easily managed with daily cleanings and regular attention. It is renewable, recyclable, and definitely eco-friendly.
- Bamboo is a grass similar to hardwood. This natural vegetation renews every three to five years. Bamboo flooring comes in many styles and colors, and is able to meet the demands of most commercial settings.
- Rubber flooring is often found in gymnasiums, healthcare, and commercial settings. It is mostly made from recycled materials such as old tires. Rubber is available in a wide variety of colour options to match any décor.
Studio Floors recognizes that offering Eco-friendly options to our Winnipeg flooring customers is important because the earth has limited and finite resources. Conservation is the name of the game but there are other benefits as well. The bottom line: eco-friendly is good for businesses because it promotes a positive corporate image, supports a healthier work environment, and can lead to cost savings.
To discuss your flooring needs give the experts at Studio Floors a call. Design, coupled with environmentally friendly flooring options is a great combination for your office renovation.